1. Backstreet Boys! Greg got me ticket’s to see the Backstreet Boys for my birthday and we finally got to go see them. Although I was definitely way more of an N’SYNC fan growing up, I did like me some Backstreet Boys. The concert was good, although they must have just released a new CD and I didn’t know any of their new songs, but the classics were definitely a hit!
2. Public Health Day I was asked to be the nutritionist of the day at a local town’s Public Health Day. I really enjoyed getting to talk to so many people about nutrition. The day flew by and definitely beat my office admin day job! I met some people that were interested in having a nutritionist come to their businesses to give their staff healthy eating advice so hopefully it will bring some good experience my way.
3. The original Cookie Butter! I wasWAY late jumping on the Cookie Butter, and since Trader Joe’s is unfortunately not in the UK, I heard about the original cookie butter that I can buy here! I have had the Lotus cookies before and they are amazing and this spread is just as good. It’s super rich so a little dab does the job!
4. Venison We recently discovered venison meatballs, steaks, and sausages sold at our grocery store. I wasn’t too sure how I felt about venison, I used to have it as a kid at my grandparents during deer hunting season and I don’t think I really cared for it then, so I was a bit wary. The meatballs were on sale so we decided to try them. They come with a little packet of sauce similar to spaghetti sauce, and ya’ll, they were amazzzzzzing. So good I want to eat them every night of the week, I think the sauce really takes them to another level. We just bought the sausages and steaks to try. I don’t think they have any sauce with them so we shall see how they compare.
5. Sweet potato love I am a creature of habit and have been having roasted sweet potatoes, asparagus, and mushrooms with so many of our dinners lately.
Growing up in Texas, I pretty much lived off of refried bean and cheese tacos, Taco Cabana anyone?! As much as I love tortillas, they are made with white flour and lard so I thought I would put my beloved beans and cheese on some leftover roasted sweet potatoes for some more nutritional value instead. They are the perfect after work snack and a few bites is all I need to get my fix. You can take the girl out of Texas…….
N’SYNC or Backstreet Boys?
Do you like venison?