1. Count down
We are in the 50s peeps! I can’t believe there is only 1 full week left of June, so that means there are only 7 weeks left until I fly to Seattle the week before the wedding! We still have lots of little things to get done, and one of them is picking our first dance song, suggestions are more than welcome!
I’ve really been making an extra effort this year to have the reigns a little tighter on my eating and stick to clean eating as much as possible. I don’t think I’ve ever ate so many vegetables in my life! Eating lots of veggies is the only thing that really fills me up and keeps me full. I usually roast a ton of veggies for dinner and any leftovers I’ll throw in a big salad for my lunch the next day. I’ve lost 14lbs so far since January 1, and am now trying a lower carb, high protein & high fat approach. I only started this week and so far so good! I definitely feel a lot fuller for longer and don’t feel the need to eat as often as I did previously, and am eating slightly less because of this.
I really want to work on toning up now too, so I’m going to try and get a lot more weight lifting sessions in and stop relying so much on just cardio. These last 5lb are gonna be the hardest, so gotta get my butt into a worthy Hawaiian bikini bod!
3. Pecan Brownie Mini Cheesecake
I usually been having a protein pancake made with oatmeal, or some cereal after dinner, but since I’m nixing the evening carbs I needed to figure out something else to get my sweet fix. Enter pecan brownie mini cheesecakes! Not a bad trade off!
I adapted this recipe, but only made 6 cheesecakes instead of 12 so split the recipe in half.
- Add 1.5 pecan halves chopped up to the bottom of each muffin cup
- In a microwave safe bowl mix 1/4 cup any nut butter of your choice (I used Peanut Butter & Co Mighty Maple mixed with almond butter) with 1/2 TBSP of coconut oil for 30 seconds or until melted.
- Add 1.5 TBSP of cocoa powder
- Add 1/4 cup of sugar substitute
- Mix all together and divide between the 6 muffin cups on top of chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F (176C)
- Whip together: 1 package (80z, or 200 grams) lightest cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar substitute, 1/2 cup fage 0% greek yogurt, 1 egg, 1/4 cup low fat milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour over chocolate crusts
- Bake until set, about 25 minutes
- Wait till they are cooled to eat, or stick them in the fridge for a couple hours for later
For one cheesecake
These are duh.li.scious. The pecan chocolate topping tastes exactly like a brownie. I just wanted to eat the tops off of all of them. I eat the cheesecake part first and save the brownie piece for last, and finish it off with a swig of milk! I think I’ll definitely try and make some brownie concoction with those ingredients!
4. Apron from Mom
The only veil I found that I really liked was from David’s Bridal that I saw when I was back in Seattle for Christmas. I didn’t have any luck finding anything similar here, so I ordered the David’s Bridal one online to my moms house. She was definitely taking her time sending it, and it turns out because she was working on this Texas apron for me, I sure love my Momma!
5. Dress alteration
I had my wedding dress alteration on Wednesday, and couldn’t have asked for more perfect timing because my veil came in the mail that day too. I was worried how my veil would look with the dress since I hadn’t tried them on together, but I loved my veil and they go together perfectly!