- My mom is here visiting for 2 weeks and will get to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. We took her out to a traditional English pub for a Sunday roast dinner. Holy yorkshire pudding!
2. I can save lives! I only had to work one day last week for my mandatory CPR training
3. Interview! I had to go into town on Tuesday for an interview, we went to Waterloo and walked across the bridge so we could get a glimpse of Big Ben, never gets old! The job was for a full time metabolic dietetic assistant position. As much as I love my jobs, they are 2 part time jobs that aren’t permanent and only fixed term until March. This was a permanent position so I was pretty nervous since I knew how important this opportunity was going to be.
I said a quick prayer before I went in, I thought it went ok, but we finished really quickly so I was worried I might not have said enough in my answers which has always been my problem with past interviews. I got a call later that evening, and I GOT THE JOB!! I am very excited, but also nervous about telling my current boss’, I know they’ll be extremely supportive but it’s still never an easy conversation.
4. Lobstah! We went out to lunch afterwards to try this new lobster place. We split a 12 inch lobster roll which garlic butter sauce, heaven! I could’ve had a 12 inch to myself!
5. Thanksgiving! We hosted Greg’s parents, his aunt, uncle and cousin. His auntie brought her killer Armenia eggplant dip that I face planted in and her famous napoleon, so good!
I made a Coca-Cola ham, scalloped cheesy potatoes, asparagus, mushrooms and biscuits.
Dessert is definitely what I look forward to most on Thanksgiving, let me at it!
For dessert we had the napoleon, pumpkin cheesecake, and some pecan pie rugelach, yum yum!
5. Pumpkin Cheesecake! Is this in the states?! I saw this at the grocery store the other day, I will definitely be trying this soon, has anyone tried it??
Hope ya’ll had a great Thanksgiving!!
Pingback: 27 weeks- Baby update! | Nuts for Nutrition